Thursday 2 July 2009

Garden Delights!

Well, I don't know what's come over me this week. I have decided to make the most of our outdoor space. Having already had some success with the veggies, I thought I'd try my hand at some bigger projects.
I'll start with the veggies:At the back, there are runner beans, then coming forward are loads of lovely beetroots, savoy cabbages on the left, broccolli on the right, then carrots. There are redcurrant, blackcurrant and gooseberry bushes as well. With marigolds dotted around to help with pest control. Good eh? I am quite proud! I also have 3 tubs of potatoes, lettuces, tomatoes and loads of herbs!
Next up is the front garden. The grotty fence is gone and replaced with Sempervirens to ultimately make a neat little box hedge which some joyless soul informed me would take 10 years to grow. Great, I'll look forward to watching that! (More interesting than talking to the person in question!) The bed left some space so there are broccoli behind it! I had an excess so any space will do. The children each boughtme a lovely sunflower each, so there are 3 of those dotted around the front and my summer bulbs are now making an apearance in the front bed:
Then I turned my attentions to the summer house. It took a whole day to get everything out, scrub it or bin it and find a home for it. It was mostly outdoor toys, so they all went up, much to the kids delight. I put the wicker armchairs under the mosquito net in the trees and put the mosaic table in between, a perfect place to sit in the shade with a G&T! Then I scrubbed and scrubbed the summer house. There had been a lot of mice in there so it all got Dettoled. There was Ivy growing on the inside of it! Mia was so happy to get her own little house and Will was delighted to get more storage for his toys. This weekend, I am painting it inside and out, it does need some more restoration but I feel like I have gained such a lot of space. For us and the kids. So massive changes outdoors for very little money - that's always the best way!

So, who's first to come and enjoy a pimms while we watch the squiddlies play?! ( I know I only have 2 followers, so I am pretty safe with that invite!!) X

3 comments:

  1. Having just killed the one plant I bought to brighten up my desk within one week... I am mightily impressed with this display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, what did you remove??!

    ReplyDelete